The city is serviced by a network of mini buses that drive set routes around Tbilisi. These buses are called Marshrukas in the local language.
Taxis are one of the best ways of getting around the immediate city, as they can be found almost anywhere. Fares are very affordable, and should not cost more than a few USD. Generally, taxis will be waiting outside of major public areas such as airports, train stations, bus stations, and large hotels. If outside of these areas, the best way to get a taxi is to ask a hotels or restaurants for their help in arranging a ride.
NOTE: Some taxis are regulated. Most taxi on the streets does not ALWAYS verify the cost of the trip before you get in the car; negotiate with the drive before you get in the car.
Transportation from Tbilisi airport to the city center can be arranged in several ways:
1. Use train from the airport to Tbilisi Central Station - cost 0.50 Gel (0.25 Euro)
2. Take a shuttle (bus #37) - cost 0.50 Gel (0.25 Euro)
3. Get a taxi outside the airport, or call: +995 32 2511511 - cost is 20 Gel (10 Euro)
4. Order transfer at the hotel - depends upon the hotel prices
5. Order a transfer online - www.airport-transfer.ge
All the participants are responsible for making their own arrangements for travel and accommodations. HALC Conference does not subsidize travel and accommodations for the conference participants. HALC Conferences will provide the letters of support for the conference participants for visa applications in case of necessity.